The Right Word: Roget and his Thesaurus by Jen Bryant and
- Learn more about the book, and watch the trailer
- Read about Melissa Sweet's efforts to create the illustrations for the book (she won a Caldecott Honor for her hard work!)
- There are many thesauri around, both print and online. Go find one and try searching for words that sound JUST RIGHT to you!
- Create a Word Cloud from a Roget inspired list of words. Instructions:
- Select a base word from Ms. Yosca's list
- Write a word storm from the base, using Microsoft WORD. Think of words and phrases that are somehow related: words that go together, synonyms, words that show shades of meaning or intensity, antonyms (opposites), words that sound similar but maybe mean something else.
- Enter your list into Word Cloud by copying and pasting from MS Word.