LET'S READ AND VOTE!
Here are the 2017-18 nominees. A printable version is available here.
Learn more about the award at the MCBA website.
Start reading and record your thoughts on the official student reading log !
I want to participate. What do I do?
- START READING! Consult the Book List then view book trailers to select books that match your reading interests.
- After completing a book, record your opinion about the book at the Student Reading Log page. Be sure to fill in all of the required information. This is how Ms. Yosca will know you completed reading a book.
- Read another book! Record it! Keep reading and recording until March 2018! Once you have read FIVE BOOKS you are eligible to vote. Reading NINE BOOKS or more will earn you a prize.
- We will vote in March. The winner is announced in April 2018.
- Have fun, and challenge yourself!
Questions? Please visit the library or email Ms. Yosca.
Massachusetts Children's Book Award 2017 Winner!
El Deafo by Cece Bell is the winner of the 2017 Massachusetts Children's Book Award!
Read her letter to the children of Massachusetts
The 2017 honor books are:
- Bliss by Kathryn Littlewood
- The 14th Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm
- Poached by Stuart Gibbs
- Loot by Jude Watson
2016 The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
2015 The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine.
2014 Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
2012 Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea